Mobility assistance

To help you come to Brest or facilitate your move, help is available depending on your situation and your needs.

Mobili-Pass assistance

Mobili-Pass assistance provides financial support for some expenses linked to your move due to professional reasons. It breaks down into:

  • a subsidy that finances the costs linked with house seeking professional services, individual support for your family and for administrative procedures for the commissioning of housing, as well as assistance with settling into your new home,
  • a loan for the expenses related to your new residence in case you haven’t sold your previous home and are therefore paying double housing bills, within the limit of 4 months.

To benefit from this

You must meet the following criteria:

  • To be an employee of a private company that contributes to Action Logement (private non-agricultural company with more than 10 employees)
  • To be in a professional mobility situation: transfer, hired under a CDD contract with a minimum duration of 6 months, with a CDI contract, with a contract of professionalization, apprenticeship, cooperative education course for a minimum duration of 6 months or in training within the framework of a plan of safeguarding employment.
  • The new housing-unit must be more than 70 kilometers from your original residence or entail transportation time between original residence and your new work of more than 1 hour and 15 minutes.
  • Your new home must be a rental.
  • Not having received Mobili-Pass benefits in the previous two years
  • The household income tax reference must be less than the PLI (Prêt locatif aidé d’intégration ; integration Rental loan assistance) resource ceilings

To check your eligibility and to create a file, contact the local relocation agencies: Carrières Nomades et Executive Relocations.

The Mobility Relay Loan

The Mobility Relay Loan ("1% housing") allows an employee on professional mobility to quickly finance the acquisition of a new residence without waiting for the sale of his former home. The assistance takes the form of a low interest rate loan.

To benefit

You must meet the following criteria:

  • Be a salaried employee of a private company that contributes to Action Logement (private non-agricultural company with more than 10 employees)
  • Own your current home.
  • Make a commitment to sell your previous home.
  • Your new home must be near your new workplace.

Amount of assistance

If you are eligible, you can apply for a loan at a favorable interest rate, set by the lending institution, the amount of which is limited to 70% of the market value of the previous home, this value being estimated by a professional.

The amount of the bridge loan cannot exceed a ceiling of 150,000 €.

Duration and reimbursement

The duration of the loan is valid for one year, with an opportunity of being renewed once, within conditions to be determined with the 1% Housing organization.

The bridge loan is refunded after the sale of your old home.

To check your eligibility and apply for this assistance, contact your employer.


Mobility assistance

Mobility assistance apply when you go to a job interview, participate in a public competitive examination, or if you are taking an intensive service course, returning into the job force, or starting a training course that is far from your place of residence. It is granted with financial support for all or part of your travel expenses, meals, and accommodations.

To benefit

You must meet the following criteria:

  • Be a job seeker, internship in vocational training or under a subsidized contract,
  • Not receiving unemployment benefits or receiving unemployment compensation that is less than or equal to that of the ARE (allocation d’aide au retour à l’emploi; return to work allowance) minimum,
  • The job interview, the public competitive examination, the intensive service course, return into the job force, or starting a training course must be located more than 60 km round trip or be 2 hours round trip from your home,
  • The job interview or the resumed employment must entail, either an indefinite contract (CDI), a fixed-term contract (CDD) or a temporary contract of employment (CTT) of at least three consecutive months. Part-time contracts are eligible.
  • For training, it must be financed or co-financed by Pôle emploi (employment agency) or by an approved organization.

Amount of financial aid

Travel expenses : reimbursement of 0.20 € per kilometer traveled round trip or with SNCF vouchers (only in the context of a job search or participation in a public competitive examination)..

Meal expenses : 6 € per day, provided that no other organization can bear this responsibility (accredited body, regional council, employer ...).

Accommodation costs : ceiling of 30 € per night within the limit of the expenses which you incur and upon presentation of receipts.

You can benefit from the mobility assistance within the maximum annual limit of 5,000 €.

Contact your Pôle Emploi advisor that will point out which application form to fill out and the supporting documents you will need to provide, according to your situation.

You can also apply for mobility assistance online on your espace personnel (personal space) and download the necessary supporting documents without going to an agency.

Additional information for this page