Having the status of a metropolis since 2015, its employment pool represents 455,000 inhabitants. It is based on very diversified activities and economic fabric. Large international groups, numerous public facilities and a network of small and medium-sized enterprises irrigate throughout the territory.
5 sectors of excellence make the West of Brittany shine:
- Marine sciences and technologies with nearly 35,000 military, industrial, academic or research jobs (Naval Group, Navy, THALES, Damen, Ifremer ...)
- Digital technology: labeled "Capitale French Tech", the alliance of Brest, Quimper, Morlaix and Lannion represents 18,500 jobs.
- Health: the sector involves 51,000 jobs across Finistère and Tregor, including 6,000 for the CHRU hospital, the largest health operator in western Brittany.
- Finance: Banking and insurance occupations account for 22,000 jobs located west of a Lorient-Lannion line, essentially due to the presence of major groups such as Crédit Mutuel Arkéa, Crédit Agricole du Finistère and Verlingue.
- Agri-food and agriculture: the sector represents 62,300 jobs. Large groups such as Triskalia, Even, Sill and Savéol were created here.
Here, at the tip of Brittany, more than 400 professional events are organized each year, from business conferences to international conventions.
A pioneer in many fields, the territory is a reference in the field of research and innovation. The Pays de Brest represents 24% of public research in Brittany and ranks first in Europe in the field of marine sciences and technologies. Enthusiastic? Here, you will be able to explore, search, move the lines and move forward!
One of the biggest assets of this energy is the people and the solidarity that unites them. The strength of the networks, their number, their accessibility, the model of cooperatives or even the ample diversity of the associative fabric, illustrate this collective strength, this social cohesion, this will to put ideas, projects, and players in motion.